I was emailed this from a fellow fitness
professional last week and I thought I'd share
it with you.
You might have heard or read this before, but
even if you have it's a great refresher to
keep a glass of water in your hands at all times
(if you can, of course :) ).
And if you're a big Coke fan you might want to
reconsider drinking too much of it.
1. 75% of the UK population are chronically dehydrated.
(Likely applies to half world population.)
2. In 37% of all the UK population, the thirst
mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism
as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger
pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a
University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses
of water a day could significantly ease back and joint
pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy
short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and
difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the
risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the
risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50%less likely
to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount
of water you should every day?
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol
carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove
blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it
will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the
toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour,
then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains
from vitreous china.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub
the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap
aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour
a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked
in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into
the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake.
Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the
foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for
a sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke
into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run
through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen
grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.
Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about four
days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones
and is a major contributor to the rising increase in
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the
commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place
cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean
the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
Still want a coke?
PS - About a month ago I mentioned to you that I was
going to be an expert contributor for a membership site
completely dedicated to getting you six pack abs. Well
that site launched last week and is doing very well.
Feel free to check in out here: Beyond Six Pack Abs.