Get 'OPERATION: Burn Fat FAST!' 5-day E-course right now for FREE!

Monday, October 1, 2007

What if fat loss was a sport?

I wanted to tell you about a little revelation I had recently.

By now you might know that I moved to Virginia and it's been great. Nice weather, nice scenery. As I'm getting my business going down here, though, I needed something to do.

I volunteered to help coach the Varsity Baseball Team at Millbrook High School for their fall ball season. It's been a blast so far. I've taught the kids my hitting philosophy (I used to play college ball at the University of Northern Iowa) and we've also done some training.

As we were training a thought just randomly popped in my head.

Why don't people do more 'sport specific' type exercise?

That might not make sense to you, but it was clear as day to me.

What if we thought of fat loss as a sport? What would be the type of training that we'd do?

Well, first I would have to analyze which sports had the fitter, most ripped athletes. Right away, sprinters come to mind. Other sports that come to mind are soccer and tennis. You don't really see any unfit soccer and tennis players at higher levels.

Then I would analyze their training. Sprinters do a lot of full body heavy lifting and they sprint, of course :).

Tennis players and soccer players don't necessarily lift as heavy or as hard as sprinters but they do use fast bursts of energy for a short period of time with an extended rest.

Sounds kind of like interval training, doesn't it?

Most guys would love to look like sprinters...so why don't they train like one?

Most females would love to look the way female soccer and tennis players look...so why don't they train like one?

I understand the time commitment that must be put in to become an actual superstar athlete, but that doesn't mean you can't do what works for these athletes.

Craig Ballantyne, is writing a chapter for my upcoming ebook The Degrees of Change Fat Loss Plan on cardio training and he loves intervals.

His clients get results like you wouldn't believe. Maybe we should all start doing what the best are doing?

Till next time.

Live Strong,

Dan Grant

PS - If you haven't signed up at www.myfatlossrevolution.com yet I would now, because I have put together a 'Get on Track Fast' Fat Loss 5 day E-course and it will only be there for a little be. If you have signed up you should either just be getting it or just finishing. Let me know what you thought of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[color=#336699]Interesting post! thank you for sharing this information. dangrantfitness.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#336699]bookmarked... Keep up the good site...[/color]