Get 'OPERATION: Burn Fat FAST!' 5-day E-course right now for FREE!

Monday, October 22, 2007

The Rules of Lifting

How'd your weekend go?

Mine was pretty busy. All I've been doing is writing some
information up on everything from my philosophy to "How to Love the
Job You Loathe" (It's a book by Debbie Shelton and she asked me to
contribute a chapter for it because of my mindset techniques and
thoughts).

I've also been doing some nutritional research to develop a plan
for high school baseball players. I will be the Strength Coordinator
for a local baseball academy this coming winter.

So it's all pretty neat...and busy.

Today I want to share with you a piece of something else
I had been working on this weekend.

It's going to be for my email coaching business that will be
getting started in the coming weeks.

When people sign up for coaching they will get a bunch of
material on everything from nutrition to exercise to commitment
sheets. It will be a pretty nice size package.

There will be a section in it called the Rules of Lifting (tentative
name as of right now).

So I thought I'd share one of my 'rules' with you right now.

Actually this one's more like a myth.

You can't shape your muscle.

I hear the term 'tone' and 'shape' a lot from people.

"I want to tone my arms"

"I really would like to shape my calf muscles"

People think the way to do that is by lifting lighter weights and
doing a high number of reps.

There's still a lot of trainers out there that teach that too.

Here's what 'toning' really is.

It's building lean muscle and burning fat that's on that muscle.

So if you want to tone your arms you're going to have to lift some
heavy weights to 'build' the muscle.

I think the point I'm trying to point out here is that you can't
literally 'shape' your muscles to look the way you want them too.

Your muscles will form the way they are genetically supposed to on
your body.

So the simple fact of the matter is this: Just focus on building
lean muscle instead of toning your muscle. You'll have to focus on
probably losing fat first if you're overweight, however. If there's fat on
top of the muscle you will never be able to have a 'ripped' body
because the fat is hiding it.

And whether you like it or not, the fact of the matter is that to
build muscle you have to lift heavy weight.

Till next time,

Dan Grant

PS - 9 experts, 1 book on everything you need to know about how
to succeed at a fat loss program. Keep your eyes open because
it will be ready very soon and there will be a special launch when
that happens.

No comments: