1. Drinking coffee while training a client at an early morning session. Bugs me.
2. Having conversations with other people while training a client. (sometimes totally walking away for up to 5 minutes).
3. A lot aren't even qualified to be there. People just believe that they are and don't look into it. They trust the club WAY too much.
4. They take clients from machine to machine for an hour. I know there's a lot of different ways to get results but this is the most frustrating thing I see. Why is someone paying a trainer $50 bucks to take them from machine to machine. It's friggen really hard to hurt yourself one those things and in my opinion you should rarely be using them anyways.
5. They yell at the top of their lungs to get a 50 year old lady to push out one more rep of shoulder presses. EASY fellas, she's doing her best.
6. Watching a client do 30 minutes of slow cardio. That's called being a thief.
Remember, this is just some stuff I've seen in my career. There's some more I'm sure. I'm just saying look into the qualifications of the trainers at your club. Don't pay them till you find a trainer that is focused on your goals and your fitness and doesn't just go through the motions with some cookie cutter program.
I do have to thank the clubs, though. They've given me a lot of clients so I guess I can't complain too much :).