Get 'OPERATION: Burn Fat FAST!' 5-day E-course right now for FREE!

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Failing isn't actually failing

I was reading a book the other day called Your Portable Empire by Pat O'Bryan. It's about internet marketing so it's probably of no interest to you but I like to read different types of books every once in a while to see if I can pick up a fresh idea. The point, however, which I took from the book, was that all failure is just data.

I thought that was an interesting way to look at it. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense to me. It's hard sometimes to do something out of the ordinary because if you don't succeed the way you thought you would, you may think the whole world will think of you as a failure.

But if you look at it from the outside in, you'll realize that your 'failure' probably isn't even that big of deal in other peoples eyes.

Failure isn't really failing. It's just collecting the proper data to help you along your journey to succeed in realizing your goals.

Think about it. If you tried to get a six pack before and 'failed', what happened? What did you do and what could you have done better?

Make a list of the things you thought helped you and make another list of the things that you probably could have done a better job on.

Now take the list that you wrote of things you could have done a better job on and make a side list of how you are going to do a better job with those things this time.

So let's say that on your 'could've done better' list you wrote, "Had too many pizza and beer nights."

So on your 'how will I do better' list you might write, "have a pizza and beer night only 1 time a month because if getting a six pack is really important to me I know I must sacrifice and have the will power to do so."

That's just an example, of course. You know better then I do what stopped you from reaching your goal.

The biggest thing to learn from all this is that you should NEVER quit because you didn't achieve your goal the first time around (or even your second or third time). Just take it as data that will give you a better shot next time.

Cheers,

Dan Grant
www.degreesofchangefatlossplan.com

PS - The new blog is COMING SOON....there's been some delays (seems to always happen), but it is coming shortly.

No comments: