Get 'OPERATION: Burn Fat FAST!' 5-day E-course right now for FREE!

Monday, December 3, 2007

Is The Biggest Loser Sending The Right Message For Fat Loss? Part 2

Here's part 2 of my little Biggest Loser rant (it's a little shorter, part 3 is longer):

Here’s my observation about the workouts. Boy, they sure look intense. Jillian seems to have her act together…I’d let her train me anyways. The other two, Bob and Kim seem to do a lot of isolation stuff like bicep curls and quad extensions which don’t really create an optimal muscle growing potential but that doesn’t really matter when you kick the living crap out of the person for an hour on the treadmill.

Now, people might look at all these exercises and say, “I can’t jump up and down on a bench 15 times,” and you shouldn’t if you can’t or will hurt yourself. You also shouldn’t do full sprints on a treadmill until you’re ready. So I think what many people do is say, “Well I can do those arm curls they’re doing, and all those machines they use.” And that’s what they do. They’ll go machine to machine for an hour and maybe venture into the free weight area do perform the amazing bicep curls.

So point 2: don’t perform isolation movements. Which means, for the most part, stay away from the machines. You can use them, just not so much. Full body movements are your key to fat loss, along with proper intensity.

So deadlifts, squats, pushups, pull-ups, lunges, step ups, dumbbell snatches, clean to press, standing dumbbell press, ‘real’ rows, etc.

Now, I understand that you probably won’t know all of those exercises but you can always contact me through my sites to ask about them and I’ll help you out with them all. That’s why it’s important to get some help from somebody who actually knows what they’re doing to teach you proper deadlifts and squat form. They are two critical exercises in my opinion for success.

Dan Grant

PS - SPECIAL OFFER until Friday. Over 50% off my monthly audio series. Go to www.dangrantfitness.com/mp3offer.html. You will get your very first fat loss audio immediately.

No comments: